In the given below part of article, I have taken some common types of Pop-ups that an internet user encounters often but don’t know how to remove. The Easy demonstration of some general pop-ups problems is given below.
Remove Unwanted Pop-ups
If you notice a pop-up window on your screen, some steps need to be taken to remove that pop-up. Some pop-ups are not so much harmful and easily removable.
- First, you need to do is, Open the “Safari” internet browser on your Mac. The Safari icon looks like a blue compass in your Applications folder.
- Click the “Safari” menu, You will find this menu bar in the upper-left corner of your screen. It will open a drop-down menu.
- Click “Preferences” on that drop-down menu, This will open your Safari browser settings in a new window.
- After that, click on the “Security” tab. The icon looks like a lock.
- The last step is to check the box next to “ Block pop-up window”. Safari will now block all pop-up windows that appear when you open or close a web page.
Remove “Virus Found” pop-up
Some pop-ups won’t go from the above steps. Special care should be exercise to remove this kind of pop-up like “Virus Found”. Sometimes a malicious program is downloaded automatically in your system. This pop up can damage your system and reduce the efficiency. Let see how to remove this pop-up.
- First of all, you have to open “Finder” application.
- From the list of all application, search the malicious program that you want to uninstall.
- Choose the app’s icon and then go to that “File” and move that file to “Trash”.
- Click on Trash icon and hold it until a pop-up menu appears on the Trash icon.
- And then, click the option “Empty Trash” and the malicious app will no longer installed on your Mac.
- After this for the precautionary measure in order to remove unwanted extension from Safari, go to Safari menu and click “Preferences”.
- Here you need to click on “Extensions”. If there is an unwanted plugin, just press a click on “Uninstall” button.
- The next step is, click “Preferences”, navigate to the general tab and then modify the default search engine to “Google”. In the General tab, locate Home page and then type to “google.com”.
For better protection of your system Download “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” which is powerful tool to remove adware and browser hijackers from Mac OS X.
“MacKeeper” pop- up
MacKeeper is a utility software suite for macOS that has tools for cleaning, security, and optimization. For publicity, they have taken help of pop-up. They will tell you your system is not functioning properly and for better functioning, you need to download the software, but actually, this software can harm your system. To get rid of this software, “Uninstall” the software is the best option and for this follow the above steps.